The Elegant Athlete
It fi ts well, like a custom-tailored suit. It rides comfortably and performs like a champion.
It maneuvers brilliantly. And it delivers a winning combination of stylish design, practicality and
convenience. The BURGMAN 400 - bringing greater class and pleasure to your journey.
- The refined 400cm³ liquid-cooled, DOHC, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine drives a seamless CVT automatic transmission.
- Strong low-end engine response with excellent fuel economy and worldwide emissions compliance.
- Suzuki's traction control system* reduces slipping when accelerating quickly from a standing stop, or when riding on slippery or uneven road surfaces.
- Elegant and efficient LED headlight design features sharply styled dual LED headlights with integrated LED position lights and turn signals beneath.
- Sporty and slim bodywork with coordinated colors and accents.
- Sturdy frame and large 15-inch front wheel contribute to agile handling.
- The unique link-type monoshock rear suspension with 7-way adjustable spring preload maximizes the balance between comfort and sporty performance.
- Superb stopping power from the triple disc brakes with standard Suzuki Antilock Braking System (ABS)**.
- The multifunction instrument cluster features a large analog speedometer and tachometer flanking a digital display, and a full complement of indicator lights.
- Spacious under-seat storage and two front compartments with a DC power outlet provide a variety of cargo options.
- The refined 400cm³ liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine delivers balanced performance, with strong low- to mid-range torque and powerful acceleration up to its peak horsepower, all while achieving compliance with Euro 5 emissions standards.
- The BURGMAN's reliable performance is always available, whether commuting, touring on the open road, or when riding with a passenger.
- The engine's DOHC 4-valve configuration allows ideal positioning of the intake and exhaust valves for superior mechanical advantages and efficient combustion. The benefits can be felt in smooth, instantly available acceleration.
- The highly efficient engine employs Suzuki's Dual Spark technology, which employs a pair of long-life iridium spark plugs that fire at precise intervals to provide optimized combustion efficiency and contribute to Euro 5 compliance.
- The camshaft timing reduces valve overlap, further improving combustion efficiency to help the BURGMAN 400 comply with Euro 5 emission standards.
- The 10-hole fuel injector delivers a finer spray of fuel that better combines with intake air, improving fuel consumption and overall performance.
- The Suzuki electronic fuel injection system controls the PAIR (Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection) system and receives O2 feedback from the exhaust system's catalytic converter to boost fuel efficiency and help the BURGMAN comply with Euro 5 emissions standards.
- The exhaust's two-stage catalytic converter features a honeycomb internal construction that uses a unique metal catalyst carrier to broaden its ability to purify expelled exhaust gas and contribute to achieving Euro 5 compliance.
- The high-capacity air cleaner aids throttle response and boosts acceleration in stop-and-go traffic. Located under the seat, it has been designed to emit an exciting intake sound.
- The engine is designed to maximize the BURGMAN's fuel economy and combine with scooter's low weight to extend the riding range of the generous 13.5L fuel tank.
- The traction control system* offers the rider peace of mind and excellent road-holding ability by reducing wheel spin, whether riding on wet asphalt, cobblestone streets, or other slippery or uneven road surfaces.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides quick and smooth operation of the traction control system*, as well as the Easy Start and Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) systems.
- Suzuki Easy Start System makes engine startup simple, requiring only a single quick push of the starter switch with the brake applied.
- The Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system always ensures proper engine idle speed, even after a cold engine start.
- The fully automatic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) provides smooth, linear power delivery for comfortable riding at any speed.
- The BURGMAN 400's underbone frame is constructed from large-diameter, lightweight thin-wall tubes with good rigidity that results in improved handling.
- The telescopic front forks with 41mm inner-tubes offer a generous 110mm of wheel travel to complement the link-type, monoshock rear suspension, which delivers motorcycle-like handling with exceptional maneuverability.
- The large 15-inch front wheel provides excellent stability. The cast front wheel carries a pair of 260mm disc brake rotors while the 13-inch rear wheel has a 210mm hydraulic disc brake. The Suzuki Antilock Braking System (ABS)** helps deliver reliable stopping control.
- An easy-to-operate, T-handle parking brake lever is located on the dash near the ignition switch to prevent rear wheel movement when engaged.
- The upswept windscreen has a trim appearance from every angle while delivering optimum wind protection and a clear view of the road.
- The BURGMAN 400's bodywork is both slim and sporty, matching the scooter's agile personality.
- The scooter's nose features sharply styled dual LED headlights with integrated LED position lights and turn signals mounted beneath. The clean and bright front end is instantly recognizable as a Suzuki BURGMAN.
- The slim rear deck of the BURGMAN 400 features independent LED rear combination lamps with the turn signals at their tips. Its sharply sculpted design expresses elegance and agility.
- Abundant luggage space includes a 42L under-seat storage compartment, large enough for two helmets*, plus two front compartments for small personal items. Convenient switchable under-seat lights illuminate the entire storage area.
* The weight limit for items in the underseat compartment is 10 kg.
* Helmets of certain shapes may not fit in the underseat compartment.
- The front bodywork contains a 2.8L compartment on the left and a 3.5L compartment on the right that contains a convenient DC power outlet for charging electric devices on the fly.
- The stepped dual seat features a 78.5mm thick cushion for extra comfort. The seat's slim width and profile further enhance rider and passenger comfort.
- The seat cover's blue double-stitching and accent piping add to the BURGMAN's look of luxury.
- The seat incorporates a rider's backrest that can be adjusted forward by either 15mm or 30mm at the press of a lever to provide optimal support and comfort for riders of various builds on longer outings.
- The combination of the seat design and floorboard position creates a sporty upright riding position that is comfortable for the rider.
- Cutaway footboards allow the rider to comfortably move and support the scooter at stops and starts.
- Fold-down rear footrests provide comfort, letting the passenger feel planted and relaxed, even during extended rides.
- A pair of ergonomically designed grab bars are mounted to the sides of the seat so the passenger can maintain a good, comfortable grip on the scooter.
- A security gate incorporated in the lower portion of the bodywork allows a chain lock to be passed through the body panel, around the frame, and then around an immovable object.
- The ignition switch is fitted with a magnetic security cover that opens only with a correctly coded key.
* The traction control system is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control, and traction control cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns, or while braking, and it does not control front wheel traction.
** ABS is not designed to shorten the braking distance. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- Stylized Suzuki "S" 3D emblems on the front leg shield and the upper meter panel denote the quality and sophistication of the brand.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for BURGMAN owners are available, including a top case, taller windscreen and a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
*Click the icons
|Overall length||2,235 mm (88.0in)|
|Overall width||765 mm (30.1in)|
|Overall height||1,350 mm (53.1in)|
|Wheelbase||1,580 mm (62.2in)|
|Ground clearance||125 mm (4.9in)|
|Seat height||755 mm (29.7in)|
|Curb mass||218 kg (481lbs)|
|Engine type||4-stroke, 1-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Bore × Stroke||81.0 mm x 77.6 mm (3.189 in x 3.055 in)|
|Displacement||400 cm3 (24.4 cu. in)|
|Compression ratio||10.6 : 1|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection|
|Lubrication system||Wet sump|
|Front suspension||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rear suspension||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rake / Trail||25° / 101 mm (3.98 in)|
|Front brake||Disc, twin|
|Front tire size||120/70-15M/C 56S, tubeless|
|Rear tire size||150/70-13M/C 64S, tubeless|
|Ignition system||Electronic ignition|
|Fuel tank capacity||13.5 L (3.6/3.0 US/Imp gal)|
|Oil capacity (Overhaul)||1.5 L (1.6/1.3 US/lmp qt)|