Followings are the contents of 'Suzuki Group Code of Conduct' that Suzuki Motor Corporation is communicating to all directors, officers and employees of Suzuki Group.
(1) Realization of products and services of superior value
Suzuki Group will provide customers with products and services exceeding their expectation as in line with the spirit “Develop products of superior value by focusing on the customer” which is listed as the first item in our “Mission Statement”.
- We will make every effort to provide products and services that will satisfy our customers, by standing in our customers’ place at all times.
(2) Activities on Quality
Suzuki Group will develop and produce high quality products which customers can use in relief and will provide after-sales services considering customers’ safety and security with first priority.
If by any chance a quality related problem occurs, Suzuki Group will devote its sincere efforts to react on customer’s voice, grasp the problem at an early stage and take measures with thorough investigation into the causes so that the customer can continue using Suzuki products in relief.
- We will never neglect any quality related problem on our product that may affect our customers’ safety or security, noticed during development, production or after-sales service.
- We will never lead to a conclusion in our own favour when reacting to indications from our customers related to the quality on our products.
- We will treat aforesaid quality related problems and customers’ indications on quality with utmost sincerity, and will devote our best efforts not to spoil customers’ trust.
(3) Respect of Human Rights
Suzuki Group will be aware of international norms pertaining to human rights and respect fundamental human rights with reference to laws in each country or region.
- We will cooperate with each other as a member of Suzuki Group to create a working environment with no discrimination by personal attributes or harassment.
(4) Occupational Safety・Traffic Safety
Suzuki Group will review the workplace environment to create safe workplace.
Suzuki Group will thoroughly carry out education on safety to prevent occurrence of occupational injury.
- We will strictly obey rules related to safety so that we can maintain safe workplace and prevent occurrence of occupational injury.
- We will immediately report to our supervisors for improvement when we notice any problem related to safety at our workplace.
- We will be conscious that we take part in the automobile industry, observe traffic rules, keep in mind to drive vehicles safely as a social norm, and endeavour to prevent traffic accidents while on duty or in private.
(5) Promoting Kaizen Activities and Observing Basic Business Rules
Suzuki Group encourages employees to come up with inventive ideas to improve the workplace. Suggestions from employees on Kaizen will be evaluated and effective measures will be adopted and widespread amongst Suzuki Group companies for a growth of the entire group.
Suzuki Group will create basic rules on our work for the employees to follow.
- We will always think seriously about our business, take the lead in action and make a proposal to the company when we notice any points of improvement.
- We will thoroughly enforce mutual understanding at our workplace and communicate over and over again until others comprehend sufficiently.
- We will always be conscious of overall optimization and make efforts to share information between departments and companies.
- We will observe the business rules provided from time to time in each workplace.
While Suzuki Group acknowledges the existence of difference in laws related to competition such as Antitrust Law and laws related to fair trading by each country or region, Suzuki Group will grasp the difference and carry out training on employees to observe laws and societal norms in their respective countries and regions.
※ Please refer to “Compliance Practical Examples” below for compliance with respective laws.
- We will observe the content of the guidance and training provided by the company on laws and societal norms.
- We will immediately consult with our supervisors when we notice any noncompliance or suspected noncompliance by another employee. In case we think it is improper to consult with our supervisors, we will report to the Consultation & Reporting Desk in our company or those provided by Suzuki Motor Corporation.
※ For “Consultation & Reporting Desk” provided by Suzuki Motor Corporation, please see the section ‘Consultation & Reporting Desk section’ below.
(7) Environmental Activities
In order to succeed the beautiful earth and affluent society to the next generations, we must all realize that actions of each and every one of us have a great effect on our earth’s future therefore Suzuki Group will make every effort to preserve global environment.
- We will endeavour to produce environmentally friendly products that will be required by our customers, by contributing to development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technology.
- We will reduce burden on the environment sourced from our workplace and devote our sincere efforts to maintain the environment of our workplace and local community.
(8) Refusing relations with antisocial forces
Suzuki Group will thoroughly refuse any relationships with antisocial forces and organizations which are threatening the order and safety of civil society.
- We will never accept any unreasonable demand from antisocial forces and organizations on our own decision and will always report to or consult with our supervisors or related department.
※“Antisocial forces” means any group or individuals pursuing illicit financial gain by violence, power and fraudulence.
This “Compliance Practical Examples” has been compiled under Paragraph 6 “Compliance” of “Suzuki Group Code of Conduct” so that each and every employee of Suzuki Group companies could behave observing applicable laws.
All directors, officers and employees of Suzuki Group companies are required to behave at least in accordance with the following in the light of legal compliance.
- 1) You shall not engage in any act to force specific conditions or detriment on others or pursue your own interests by abusing your superior position in business trading.
- 2) You shall not provide inappropriate benefits or facilities exceeding the standards set by the company to politicians, government officials, etc.
- 3) You shall always convey accurate information to regulative authorities.
- 4) When doing business with customers, suppliers, government officials, subcontracting companies or competitors, you shall not sacrifice interests of the company for your own self-interests or those of your relatives or friends.
- 5) You shall properly treat confidential information of the company which has come to your knowledge in the course of your business and shall not disclose it to any third party without the company’s prior approval.
- 6) You shall not engage in insider trading using unreleased corporate information.
- 7) Recognizing that intellectual property and trade secrets are valuable property for the company and that providing them to others whether paid or unpaid without the company’s approval constitutes an offence, you shall not do such a thing.
- 8) Recognizing that obtaining trade secrets of any other persons without their consent constitutes an offence, you shall not do such a thing.
- 9) You shall obtain customer information and personal information through proper procedures and take utmost care when handling it and shall not use it for purposes for which it was not originally intended when the information was obtained.
This “Compliance Practical Examples” may be amended from time to time according to enactment, change or abolishment of the laws and regulations or situation of the company or any other circumstances. We shall notify you immediately in such case.
12 April, 2016
Corporate Governance Dept.
Corporate Planning Office
Suzuki Motor Corporation
- In case you noticed a breach or a suspicion of a breach of this Code of Conduct、please take action following the below mentioned flow.
- a) Consult with your supervisor.
- b) In case you think it is improper to consult with your supervisor, please report through another procedures provided by your company.
- c) In case you think it is improper to consult your supervisor or to report through the procedures provided by your company, please report to the External Contact Point of [Suzuki Group Risk Management Hotline].
(Contact details of the hotline are not disclosed here.)
- d) Report to Suzuki’s Internal Contact Point of [Suzuki Group Risk Management Hotline]
(Contact details of the hotline are not disclosed here.)
- We guarantee there will be no disadvantage to the Whistleblower by reporting to the Hotline. In case any inappropriate action was taken against the Whistleblower, we will take discharged action or other necessary measures according to law and/or regulations against the person who took such action.
- Your reporting might allow Suzuki Group to reduce loss or damage by immediate recognition and action against the problem therefore please consult or report with valour.