The Master of Adventure. For Wherever Your Journey Takes You.
A proud member of Suzuki's iconic V-STROM series, the V-STROM 1050 is built to make your adventure touring experience exhilarating and carefree. The V-STROM 1050 will help you go the distance and get you to your destination in comfort and style. Adventure touring at its exciting best.
- The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) is a robust collection of Suzuki's latest electronic systems, including the Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System, Traction Control System, Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), as well as the Easy Start System.
- The powerful 1037cm3 V-twin engine features strong linear torque in the mid rpm range and a free-revving nature that maximizes power output in the high rpm range. The engine also combines exceptionally strong pull especially in the lower rpm range with good fuel economy, all while complying with Euro 5 emissions standards.
- The tried and proven twin-spar aluminum alloy frame is light but strong. This contributes to excellent handling and maneuverability, as well as to superb stability.
- The styling design is a modern interpretation of Suzuki's legendary DR-Z Paris-Dakar racer. With straight, sharp lines, including for the prominent beak design, the look strongly reflects Suzuki's distinctive design DNA, with a more aggressive yet sophisticated look.
- A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multi-function instrument panel features a clearly legible display with a rich variety of information.
- Cast aluminum wheels shod with a 19-inch front and a 17-inch rear tire maximize comfort and performance for long-distance adventure touring, primarily on paved surfaces.
- The height of the rider's seat can be raised 20mm using a height riser stored beneath the pillion seat. Both rider and pillion seat are independently designed to provide comfortable firmness for less fatigue on long rides.
- The windscreen features 50mm of vertical adjustment made by using a quick release handle. The shape of the windscreen is designed to maximize comfort when touring for long distances.
- The liquid-cooled 1037cm3 DOHC 90-degree V-twin engine delivers plenty of horsepower, abundant torque, and good fuel economy, while at the same time satisfying Euro 5 emissions standards.
- The six-speed transmission is optimized for smooth shifting from first through fifth gears, making acceleration fast and smooth, while the ratio for sixth gear makes riding at highway speeds more comfortable, enjoyable and easy to control.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) delivers sure operation and a light touch to clutch lever operation that helps reduce left hand fatigue. At the same time, it ensures positive power transfer when accelerating and smoother deceleration when downshifting.
- Suzuki Dual Spark Technology utilizes two iridium spark plugs, one for each cylinder, which contributes to smooth power delivery, low fuel consumption, low emissions, linear throttle response, easy engine start-up, and stable idling.
- Highly-rigid, lightweight forged pistons engineered using FEM analysis achieve ideal rigidity, weight, and durability.
- The pistons move within Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)–coated cylinder bores that are integrated into the upper crankcase for low weight, increased durability, reduced friction, and excellent heat dissipation.
- Electronic Throttle Bodies do not use mechanical cables. The throttle feel is light, smooth, and linear. The butterfly valve of each throttle body is opened and closed independently to achieve more precise throttle control and help realize more stable idling.
- The 2-into-1 exhaust system produces a pleasing note that befits the V-twin engine. Its high-efficiency catalytic converter helps comply with Euro 5 emission standards, while maximizing power output and overall performance.
- Hollow sodium-filled exhaust valves help reduce the temperature in the combustion chamber. This not only results in better loading efficiency and a better feeling to engine operation, it also contributes to improving the durability of the valves.
- Each cylinder is fed by a 10-hole fuel injector, located downstream of the throttle body on the intake manifold. This creates good fuel atomization for superior combustion efficiency and low fuel consumption.
- The TI-ISC (Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control) is a key to the V-STROM's Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts idle speed during standing starts and low-speed riding for smooth power delivery and less possibility of the engine stalling.
- Matched to the efficient exhaust system, the Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR- injection (PAIR) system injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to optimize emissions control without sacrificing performance.
- The radiator's high cooling capacity is designed to accommodate the high engine output. Coolant temperature is stabilized via a thermostatically controlled cooling fan.
- To accent the engine, a bronze finish is applied to the cylinder head covers, clutch cover, magneto cover, and water pump case for a striking contrast with the black crankcase.
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) Features
- Suzuki's robust collection of the latest electronic systems was developed to assist and help you optimize performance characteristics to match your changing riding needs and preferences. By making the V-STROM 1050 feel more controllable, predictable, and less tiring to operate, these systems help you ride with greater confidence and peace of mind, whether touring for long distances, carrying gear, or riding with a passenger.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) provides you with a choice of three different engine power output modes to match the riding conditions and your preferred style. Working in concert with the Suzuki Traction Control System, SDMS permits peak power in each mode while changing the nature of the power delivery.
• A Mode – provides the sharpest throttle response.
• B Mode – provides more moderate throttle response.
• C Mode – provides the softest throttle response of the three modes.
- Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS)* continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and gear position. It quickly reduces engine output when it detects wheel spin by adjusting ignition timing and air delivery. STCS offers 3 mode settings (plus an OFF setting) to let you control the throttle with more confidence by limiting rear wheel spin in a variety of riding conditions.
• Mode 1 - for sport riding with minimal intervention from the system
• Mode 2 - for city riding and regular road conditions with a ideally fitted balance.
• Mode 3 - for wet or slippery road conditions.
- Cruise Control System maintains your preset road speed without operating the throttle – a welcome feature for long-distance riding that can reduce fatigue. The system allows settings when riding in 2nd gear or higher at engine speeds between 2,000rpm and 7,000rpm, corresponding to vehicle speeds of roughly 25km/h to 160km/h. The handy resume function re-engages the system and returns to the most recent speed setting after cancelling.
- Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System is a cable-free system that leverages the onboard ECM to finely control the relationship between throttle action and engine output characteristics. Individual settings are tuned to match each of the SDMS modes. The system provides controllability and faithful response.
- Bi-directional Quick Shift System lets you shift up or down without operating the clutch lever. When activated, the system delivers clean, silky smooth upshifts with uninterrupted acceleration. Downshifts are also quick and smooth, thanks in part to automatic hands-free blipping and engine braking working together harmoniously. This distinctive feature enhances the riding experience the minute you hit the road and you will immediately feel the benefits of reduced fatigue.
- Suzuki Easy Start System lets you start the engine with just one quick press of a button without pulling in the clutch lever when in neutral. A function used on every outing, Easy Start makes your riding experience all the more pleasurable and convenient.
- Low RPM Assist helps you operate and control the bike more easily in stop-and-go traffic by helping maintain engine idle speed for smoother and easier starts.
- Motion Track Brake System combines vehicle posture data from the IMU with front and rear wheel speed sensor data to allow Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** activation, even when leaning into corners. This helps maintain traction and lean angle so you can better trace your intended line through the corner. Mode 1 provides minimal intervention, while Mode 2 intervenes more proactively.
- Combined Brake System provides braking power to both the front and rear brakes by simply operating the front brake lever. This can support more confident braking.
- Hill Hold Control System automatically engages the rear brake for 30 seconds after coming to a stop while facing uphill on an incline, even when you release the brake lever or pedal. This helps ensure a smoother restart free of worries that the bike will roll backward.
- Load Dependent Control System recognizes changes in the load conditions of any given moment and responds by automatically adjusting brake pressure to provide stable braking regardless of the load you are carrying.
- Slope Dependent Control System controls brake pressure to prevent rear wheel lift and help achieve confident braking, even riding downhill, by constantly monitoring the motorcycle's posture and angle.
- Supporting Technologies
- Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) combines accelerometers and gyroscopes in a single compact package. The 6-axis IMU supplied by Bosch measures angular rate and acceleration to constantly monitor pitch, roll, and yaw movement. Some of the advanced features of S.I.R.S., including Motion Track Brake, Cruise Control, Slope Dependent Control and Hill Hold Control, employ data provided by the IMU.
- Controller Area Network (CAN bus) enables its various sensors and microcontrollers to communicate with each other. The capabilities it brings to the table are what make it possible to include advanced systems such as Motion Track Brake, Cruise Control, Slope Dependent Control, Load Dependent Control and Hill Hold Control.
- Engine Control Module (ECM) has a fast processor and programming that efficiently operates the fuel-injection system, Ride-by-wire throttle bodies, ignition, cruise control, and other electrical features.
- ABS Unit from Bosch is compact and light, working with the IMU. It realizes systems such as the Motion Track Brake, Hill Hold Control, Load Dependent Control and Slope Dependent Control.
* The traction control system is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
** ABS is not designed to shorten the braking distance. Please always ride at a safe speed for road and weather conditions, including while cornering.
- Twin-spar alloy frame, one part of the V-STROM legacy aluminum frame, is durable and balances weight and rigidity for optimal handling. It incorporates aluminum castings and extruded aluminum sections to lend the right amount of suppleness and strength to an overall rigid alloy structure.
- The fully adjustable 43mm KYB inverted front forks provide a sporty, yet plush ride in diverse conditions. The fork legs have adjustable spring preload plus compression and rebound damping force adjusters.
- Tokico radial mount monobloc 4-piston front brake calipers are mated with 310mm floating-mount dual discs. These efficient calipers are connected to the ABS and Combination Brake Systems for sure stopping performance.
- The height-adjustable windscreen helps reduce fatigue on long rides by cutting wind noise and preventing buffeting. The screen can be adjusted by hand to 11 different positions within a 50mm height range.
- Tapered aluminum handlebars are shaped to be comfortable, engineered to offer positive control riding on paved roads, and to offer the right degree of rigidity and optimal grip width to provide positive control.
- Split rider and pillion seat design achieves both a visually appealing look and a comfortable upright riding position that reduces fatigue, even when touring for long distances. Rider seat height can be raised 20mm.
- The sides of the two-tone seat are covered with high-grip texture material that helps you and your passenger stay connected to the motorcycle.
- Bridgestone BATTLAX ADVENTURE A41 tires are fitted to 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels. The 110/80R19 front and 150/70R17 rear tires contribute to nimble handling and positive grip, whether the road surface is dry or wet.
- The mirrors complement the V-STROM 1050's tough-looking styling with a design that also provides excellent visual confirmation of following traffic.
- Rubber-covered aluminum footpegs help you better maneuver the motorcycle on different road surfaces while providing comfort when touring for long distances.
- The fuel tank has a generous 20L capacity and its shape and protective cover have been designed for a slim tank-seat junction that heightens riding comfort.
- The slender chassis, thanks to the narrow V-twin engine design, fuel tank, and trim seat, helps your legs reach the ground easily.
- An aluminum skid plate with a smooth finish and alumite treatment, shields the front of the engine from mud and other debris.
- The 5-inch color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel keeps you fully aware of all the bike's systems and settings, and supplies vital real-time operating status information. The tachometer also serves as a programable rpm indicator.
- The LCD screen displays the Speedometer, Tachometer, Riding range, Cruise control setting, Cruise control resume speed, Hill hold control setting, Odometer, Dual trip meter, Gear position, Water temperature, Ambient temperature, Freeze indicator, Engine rpm indicator, Average fuel consumption, Instant fuel consumption, SDMS mode, ABS mode, Traction control mode, Quick Shift (On/Off), Fuel gage, 12-hour clock, Voltmeter, and Service reminder.
- The LCD display also has a function that lets you display large pop-up alerts and warnings. Manual or automatic switching settings for the day (white) and night (black) display modes let you maximize visibility at any hour and in any riding situation.
- Handlebar switches are designed for intuitive operation to maximize operating ease and efficiency so you can access all controls while focusing on the road ahead.
- Selecting modes and making settings and adjustments for each S.I.R.S. system can be done by simply operating the MODE and UP/DOWN switches on the left handlebar. In addition, you can quickly engage or resume cruise control using a dedicated button on the right handlebar switch.
- A USB port is conveniently located on the left side of the instrument panel. This fused port is ideal for recharging smartphones.
- A 12V DC socket is located under the passenger seat. This convenient outlet can be used to charge or power a range of electrical devices.
- The fairing features a stacked, rectangular LED headlight for excellent road and trail illumination.
- An LED rear tail and brake light with a clear lens offers high visibility, low electrical draw, and excellent durability.
- The lightweight, low-draw LED turn signals are bright and clearly visible.
- A wide variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available for V-STROM 1050 owners, making it easy to enjoy your bike tours.
- Top and side cases are available in aluminum or plastic versions. Both are rugged, weather-resistant, allow you to carry all your gear for a long outing, and are designed to not interfere with the V-STROM 1050's handling or stability, even when loaded cases are attached.
- A low seat is available for the V-STROM 1050, which lowers seat height by approximately 30mm to offer riders greater control and confidence when the bike is stopped.
- The bright LED fog lamp set attaches firmly to the accessory bar* to provide better visibility when riding in inclement conditions, and heightens the appeal of the bike's adventure styling.
- The grip heater warms the entire surface of the grips and offers three levels of heat settings to provide greater comfort to match a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Additional lock tumblers that match the bike's ignition key are included, so you can add Suzuki accessory luggage and have the convenience of one-key operation**.
* The accessory bar is available as a genuine accessory for the V-STROM 1050.
** Does not apply to Suzuki accessory aluminum top case or side case set.
Suzuki Genuine Accessories
Suzuki offers a rich line-up of genuine accessories for the V-STROM 1050/DE that make it easy to trick out your ride.
Top and Side Cases
These rugged, weather-resistant cases allow you to carry all your gear for a long outing, and are designed to not interfere with the V-STROM 1050/DE's handling or stability, even with loaded cases attached. Aluminium top case: Max loading 3kg and case capacity 38L. Aluminium side case set: Max loading 3kg and case capacity 37L each. Plastic top and side cases are also available. Plastic top case: Max loading 5kg and case capacity 35L. Plastic side case set: Max loading 5kg each and case capacity 26L(right) and 29L(left). Please use these items in the speed less than 130km/h.
Low Seat Options
Low seats available for the V-STROM 1050 lower seat height by approximately 30mm to offer more riders greater control and confidence when the bike is stopped.
Heats the entire surface of the grips and offers three levels of heat settings provide greater comfort to match a wide variety of riding conditions.
LED Fog Lamp Set
This bright LED fog lamp attaches firmly to the accessory bar* to provide better visibility when riding in inclement conditions, and to heighten the appeal of the bike's adventure styling. * The accessory bar is standard equipment on the V-STROM 1050DE and is available as a genuine accessory for the V-STROM 1050.