The GSX-S1000GX is an exciting new model that represents Suzuki's vision of what a luxury crossover bike should offer. Strategically combining the best attributes of sport and adventure tourers, the "GX" delivers the versatility of a bike built to be comfortable, controllable and equally adept at satisfying the rider, whether enjoying an aggressive sport run or touring long distances on most any kind of road.
- The high-performance 999cm3 four-stroke DOHC inline-four engine performs optimally under all kinds of riding conditions and in all kinds of traffic, whether touring for long distances or out for a sporty run.
- The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) features a robust collection of advanced electronic rider assist functions that contribute to refined and controlled performance. These include Suzuki Drive Mode Selector Alpha (SDMS-α), which provides integrated management over Power Mode, Smart TLR (Traction, Lift and Roll Torque) Control and Active Damping Control, Suzuki Road Adaptive Stabilization (SRAS), Automatic Rear Suspension Modes, the Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System, Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Smart Cruise Control, the Motion Track Brake System, Slope Dependent Control System, Suzuki Easy Start System and Low RPM Assist.
- The GSX-S1000GX is the first Suzuki motorcycle to adopt Suzuki Advanced Electronic Suspension (SAES), which offers a broad range of versatile settings that ably support everything from aggressive sport riding to long-distance touring while delivering a smoother, more consistent and more stable ride.
- The suspension features a long 150mm front fork stroke and 150mm of rear wheel travel that provides greater comfort, even when touring for long distances, and also makes the GX capable of absorbing larger bumps when riding over cobblestones and other uneven surfaces.
- SAES incorporates Suzuki Road Adaptive Stabilization (SRAS), an original program that enables seamless switching between settings that emphasize responsiveness when riding on normal road surfaces, and those that better smooth out bumps when riding over cobblestones or other uneven surfaces.
- Original programs realize advanced functions that help SAES operate more intelligently than conventional electronic suspension systems. These include Suzuki Floating Ride Control (SFRC), Suzuki Velocity Dependent Control (SVDC) and Suzuki Deceleration Damping Control (SDDC).
- The compact, lightweight chassis is engineered to ably support the engine's superbike-level of performance and provide maximum control and comfort when riding for long distances on most any kind of road.
- The twin-spar aluminum frame and braced aluminum swingarm help deliver nimble handling and great road holding ability that will go the distance. Exposed seat rails feature secure side case attachment points and a visually stunning design that allows for thicker, more comfortable seats for both rider and passenger.
- Features that contribute to a more relaxing and less tiring touring experience include a comfortable upright riding, a design that prioritizes wind protection, and measures taken to minimize vibration, such as the floating handlebars and rubber-covered footrests.
- The GSX-S1000GX is designed to create a new crossover expression, with styling that visually conveys both the potential of liberating superbike-level performance and of a capable adventure tourer that is ready to go anywhere. This blends harmoniously with attention to detail that reflects the level of elegance and sophistication that makes long rides and touring more comfortable and enjoyable.
Styling Design Features
- From the sharp lines and multi-layered accents of its aggressive supersport styling to its tall, upright riding position and long-legged proportions, the "GX" carries itself regally as a fresh new expression of crossover potential. Keen attention to every detail reflects a level of elegance, sophistication and functional beauty that is sure to satisfy your desire to travel far and wide in comfort.
- The vertically stacked pair of compact hexagonal LED headlights creates a sharp look with unique character that makes the front end look light and ready for action. They are flanked by surface emitting LED position lights that feature an upswept angle and narrow slit design that adds to this distinctive front face.
- The LED rear combination light design, with a clear lens covering the LEDs, conveys a premium state-of-the-art feel that complements the stylish lines of the compact tail section.
- Subtle yet striking graphics include logos on the side cowlings that are immediately recognizable as belonging to the GSX-S series and present the GX model name in bold fashion, adding a tasteful accent to the GX's styling.
- The custom-designed ignition key adds a luxurious touch by presenting the owner with the GX logo in black lettering on a gold background.
- The GX is powered by a 999cm3 liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four engine engineered to perform optimally under diverse riding conditions and in all kinds of traffic. A descendant of Suzuki superbike engines famed for their winning performance and reliability, this engine is highly capable of supporting the luxurious and exciting crossover touring experience offered by the GX.
- Features include superbike-level performance and a broad, smooth torque curve throughout the engine's operating range. This enhances the riding experience, both at the low- to mid-range engine speeds commonly used when touring and in daily riding, and through the mid- to high-range used when travelling long distances on the highway. Efforts to minimize vibration further contribute to a highly comfortable and less tiring ride.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system features clean, sharp looks and an exciting yet gentle exhaust note that allows both rider and passenger alike to enjoy long-distance touring. The short muffler is blacked out to help accentuate the bike's long-legged look and lend an added touch of elegance to the overall design.
- Electronic throttle bodies help achieve an optimal balance between idling speed control and power output characteristics, while also contributing to Euro 5 compliance.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) employs a slipper clutch function that contributes to smoother deceleration by mitigating the effect of engine braking so you can shift down more confidently while maintaining better control. This is complemented by an assist function that increases the clutch's clamping force under acceleration. By allowing the use of softer springs, this function helps realize a light touch to clutch lever operation and reduces left hand fatigue in traffic jams or on longer rides.
- The GSX-S1000GX is the first Suzuki motorcycle to adopt Suzuki Advanced Electronic Suspension (SAES), which offers a broad range of settings that ably support everything from aggressive sport riding to long-distance touring. The suspension features a long 150mm front fork stroke and 150mm of rear wheel travel that provides greater comfort, even when touring for long distances. The longer suspension also makes the GX capable of absorbing larger bumps when riding over cobblestones and other uneven surfaces.
- SAES builds on a custom-tuned version of Hitachi Astemo's SHOWA EERA® series suspension, which employs electronically controlled versions of the SFF-CA™ inverted telescopic front forks and a BFRC-lite® link-type monoshock rear shock. In accordance with SDMS-α's management over its integrated riding modes, SAES's versatile settings automatically adjust damping force on the fly to match the conditions of the moment. The result is a smoother, more consistent and more stable ride you will find easy to control, whatever your skill level or amount of riding experience. Moreover, SAES operates more intelligently than conventional electronic suspension systems by realizing advanced features. This includes original programs such as Suzuki Floating Ride Control (SFRC), which uses Skyhook theory to further improve tracking and comfort in response to changing road surfaces, Suzuki Velocity Dependent Control (SVDC), which detects vehicle speed and optimizes the suspension setting for that speed, and Suzuki Deceleration Damping Control (SDDC), which smoothly converges changes in vehicle attitude due to braking and controls damping force to achieve an ideal pitch motion.
- Every aspect of chassis development focused on achieving the right balance of agility, controllability and comfort needed to realize a superior crossover riding experience. The GX delivers satisfying sportbike performance that reflects the heritage of Suzuki's GSX-R1000, while at the same time providing the real-world comfort, convenience and handling ease demanded of an adventure tourer.
- The twin-spar aluminum frame helps realize nimble handling and great road holding ability that will go the distance, even when carrying a passenger and a full load of gear. When viewed from the side, the main tubes run straight from the steering head to the swingarm pivot. This design helps achieve high rigidity and lighter weight.
- The exposed seat rails are engineered for strength and to provide rigid and secure attachment points for the optional side cases, while their relatively low height makes it possible to maximize the thickness of the pillion seat for greater passenger comfort. As a bonus, their design adds to the striking look of functional beauty.
- The sturdy aluminum swingarm comes straight from the GSX-R1000. Ruggedly braced and with the appeal of its superbike looks, this swingarm features great road holding ability and the strength to withstand long rides, heavy loads, and the demands of sporty runs.
- Handlebars featuring a wide grip and optimized positioning in relation to the rider contribute to a comfortable upright riding position that helps reduce fatigue when touring or enjoying a sporty ride. The long suspension travel and new seat design also lengthen the distance between the rider's hip point and foot point by 15mm, which further contributes to comfort by reducing the amount of bending at the knees.
- Maximized wind protection makes your ride more comfortable by providing the level of aerodynamic performance and comfort desired on long rides. This reduces fatigue when touring at speed and frees you to concentrate on enjoying the ride, regardless of weather or road conditions. To this end, the GX's front cowl, 3-step height-adjustable windscreen and standard-equipment knuckle covers were all carefully developed through a process that involved both wind tunnel testing and feedback from test riders. The front cowl features a new layered design that suppresses the generation of negative air pressure to help prevent head buffeting. Holes placed strategically on its face are effective in reducing front lift, while widened side panels help better guide the flow of air away from the area of the abdomen.
- The GSX-S1000GX is designed to isolate you and your passenger from vibration that might otherwise by transmitted from the engine or chassis. Details include the use of floating handlebars, floating mirror mounts and rubber-covered footrests.
- Both the rider and pillion seats feature a new cushion construction and design optimized to provide maximum comfort, even on long rides, and to enhance the riding experience. They also feature a sporty and attractive design. The seat cushion is thick yet stiff enough to support you well. Its relatively flat top surface means there is more area supporting your weight for greater comfort. And it is tapered at the front to provide you with freedom of movement when enjoying a more aggressive sporty run.
- The Accelerator Position Sensor is optimized to provide the best possible feeling to initial throttle action by conveying a sense of weight as the throttle grip is first twisted. This setting also helps prevent bumps in the road from causing the rider to accelerate unintentionally.
- Attractive 6-spoke cast aluminum wheels contribute to nimble handling, stability and all-round sporty performance.
- Dunlop SPORTMAX Roadsport 2 radial tires (120/70ZR17 at the front; 190/50ZR17 at the rear) are designed to perform optimally, provide sure grip and deliver the right combination of agility and stability.
- 4-piston Brembo mono-block front brake calipers mated with ø310mm floating-mount twin discs deliver strong, reliable braking performance.
- The standard-equipment rear carrier is handy and practical for carrying extra gear, while its integrated grab bars provide the passenger with a firm grip that makes riding more comfortable.
- The fuel tank supports superior touring range with its generous 19L capacity, and features a stylish design that makes the tank appear compact.
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System(S.I.R.S.) Features
- The GX follows Suzuki's flagship Hayabusa model in adopting Suzuki Drive Mode Selector Alpha (SDMS-α), which features integrated management of the following advanced electronic control systems: Power Mode, Smart TLR (Traction, Lift and Roll Torque) Control, and Active Damping Control. Using SDMS-α can be as easy as choosing between the factory default settings for the three integrated riding modes shown below. Each is carefully tuned, tested and recommended by Suzuki's engineers.
• A (Active) mode is designed for the more aggressive riding style of a sporty run on good roads.
• B (Basic) mode is set up to deliver a satisfying balance of settings good for a broad range of riding situations.
• C (Comfort) mode aims to prioritize comfort and controllability, particularly when riding long distances or carrying a passenger and gear.
- SDMS-α mode factory default settings
SDMS-α : Integrated Riding Modes
No. of levels
Power Mode level
Smart TLR Control level
7 + OFF
Active Damping Control level
3 + User
*1 Power Mode settings are fixed, (e.g.: Riding mode A sets power mode to level 1 and this cannot be changed)
*2 The rider can select different Smart TLR Control and Active Damping Control level settings, (e.g.: ADC can be set to "Soft", even when using riding mode A.)
*3 ADC's User mode setting offers adjustments of ±3 increments for both the front and rear suspension.
- Power Mode lets you select between three modes that deliver different power output characteristics. Particularly noticeable when first opening the throttle, the settings for each mode are thoroughly tested and finely tuned to maximize the GX's capabilities, to build in the flexibility to adapt well to changing weather, road, and riding conditions, and to make the overall riding experience more enjoyable.
• Mode 1 provides the sharpest response as the throttle is opened. Tuned to deliver exciting acceleration and fully leverage the engine's power, it is well suited for enjoying aggressive runs on good pavement.
• Mode 2 reaches the same level of maximum output, but features a more linear curve with softer throttle response. The aim is to deliver a satisfying balance as a good fit for a broad range of riding styles and road conditions.
• Mode 3 aims to prioritize comfort and controllability by offering the softest throttle response and more gentle torque characteristics. This setting is a good choice when riding long distances, or when carrying a passenger and gear.
- Smart TLR (Traction, Lift and Roll Torque) Control integrates the Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) with Lift Limiter and Roll Torque Control, enabling the rider to better control the bike under diverse and varying conditions.
• Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS)* enables better control over the bike, whether riding alone or with a passenger, and regardless of weather or road conditions. This reduces stress and fatigue, and helps you ride with greater conﬁdence. In addition to SDMS-α's default settings, you can choose one of seven selectable level settings to match your preferences and the riding conditions of the moment, or even opt to turn the system off. The higher number the mode, the faster the control takes effect and the more proactive the system is in limiting wheel spin.
• Lift Limiter brings added peace of mind by helping prevent the front wheel from lifting off the ground when accelerating. It operates silently in the background, with the STCS level determining the level of intervention. This ranges from a low setting that prioritizes performance to a high setting that takes effect before the front wheel begins to lift.
• A Suzuki first, Roll Torque Control is an intelligent system that provides an extra layer of preemptive slide protection by leveraging roll movement (lean angle) and wheel speed data to predetermine what level of power output and acceleration is optimal for a given corner, and reducing torque output before the GX exceeds that level. It operates silently in the background, with its settings being determined by the STCS level setting.
- Active Damping Control leverages the new Suzuki Advanced Electronic Suspension (SAES) to offer four electronically controlled damping modes– "H" (Hard), "M" (Medium), "S" (Soft) and the customizable "U" (User) setting. It automatically adjusts damping force on the fly to match the riding conditions of the moment in accordance with your selected mode, and you can opt to change the default settings for each of the SDMS-α riding modes as suits your needs or preferences. In addition, when customizing User mode, you can independently adjust the front and rear settings by ±3 increments after selecting between a base setting of Hard, Medium or Soft.
- Suzuki's original new Suzuki Road Adaptive Stabilization (SRAS) program seamlessly switches between settings that emphasize responsiveness when riding on normal road surfaces, and those that better smooth out bumps when riding over cobblestones or other uneven surfaces. When SRAS detects a change to cobblestones, it automatically triggers stronger Suzuki Floating Ride Control (SFRC), which works in conjunction with the Active Damping Control setting currently in use to help smooth out the ride, and adjusts the Electronic Throttle Valve settings to deliver softer, more controllable throttle response. When the GX returns to a smooth surface, SRAS is disabled and SFRC returns to a setting that does not interfere with on-road dynamic performance.
- Selectable Automatic Rear Suspension Modes leverage electronic control over the rear suspension's spring preload settings to let you quickly and easily select between one of the four available modes to suit your preferences or the immediate needs of the situation.
- AUTO is a user-friendly mode that features auto-levelling, which detects changes in chassis posture when a passenger mounts or dismounts, or when gear is added or removed and, based on the damper stroke position, responds by automatically compensating to maintain the appropriate posture. Another feature is that AUTO mode automatically adjusts both the front and rear damping force on the fly to match the current load weight, thereby reducing the movement of sprung mass under load and contributing to a more comfortable ride. When you prefer to use a specific dedicated setting, you can select from one of three manual modes: Single Rider, Single Rider + Gear, or Tandem (with or without gear).
- Suzuki's Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System gives you better control over the GX's powerful engine at the most commonly used engine speeds, and helps effectively harness that power. It not only demonstrates high controllability when the throttle is opened to accelerate out of a corner, but also offers the benefit of natural response and linear control similar to that of conventional throttle operation.
- The Bi-directional Quick Shift System lets you shift up or down without operating the clutch lever. This reduces fatigue while delivering assured shifts that will make you feel more confident in controlling the power of the GX. When activated, the system delivers clean, smooth upshifts with almost uninterrupted acceleration. Downshifts are also quick and smooth, thanks in part to the harmonious interplay of automatic hands-free blipping and engine braking.
- Smart Cruise Control helps reduce fatigue when touring long distances, particularly when travelling at constant speed on highways, by letting you maintain a set speed without operating the throttle. And it does this while allowing you to perform clutch-free gear shifts using the Bi-directional Quick Shift System without cancelling cruise control. This makes the GX more comfortable, more convenient and less tiring to operate on long rides. When you do need to temporarily disengage the system, you can use the handy resume function to re-engage it and accelerate to the most recent speed setting.
- The GX is the first bike in the GSX-S series to adopt Suzuki's Motion Track Brake System, which enhances control by supporting ABS** activation not only when travelling in a straight line, but also when leaning into corners. That makes the assistance it offers beneficial in the widest variety of riding conditions. Not only does it help you better trace your intended line, but also helps maintain stability while slowing down if you panic and brake heavily in a corner.
- Slope Dependent Control helps support stabler braking by preventing rear wheel lift when braking while riding downhill. The ABS unit uses input from the IMU to monitor the bike's posture and, when you apply the brakes, its hydraulic unit controls brake pressure to deliver the optimum setting to match the current slope angle.
- With the Suzuki Easy Start System, one quick press of a button lets you start the engine without pulling in the clutch lever. As a function used every time the engine is started, Easy Start makes your riding experience all the more pleasurable and convenient.
- By helping maintain engine idle speed for smoother and easier starts, Low RPM Assist enables you operate and control the bike more easily in stop-and-go traffic.
* Note: The Suzuki Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns, or while braking. Nor can it prevent the front wheel from losing traction.
** Note: ABS is not designed to shorten the braking distance. Please always ride at a safe speed for road and weather conditions, including while cornering.
Electric Equipment and Connectivity Features
- The 6.5-inch full-color TFT LCD multi-function display features a scratch-resistant surface, an anti-reflective coating, and support for displaying smartphone app content.
- Smartphone connectivity in conjunction with the free SUZUKI mySPIN app* provides easy access to contacts, maps, music, phone, and calendar functions. A selection of supported third-party apps* optimized for motorcycle use give riders access to added functionality and fun.
- A USB outlet** for charging the rider's smartphone is built into the left side of the TFT LCD instrument screen.
- A vertically stacked pair of distinctive hexagonal LED headlights creates a sharp look with unique character that makes the front end look light and ready for action.
- Sharp-looking compact LED position lights running along the sides of front cowl on an upswept angle add to the distinctive look of the front face.
- The LED rear combination light employs a design that emphasizes the stylish lines of the tail.
* Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
* Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
*Android is a trademark of Google LCC.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by BOSCH is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
* Only third-party apps designated for use with SUZUKI mySPIN are supported.
* Suzuki cannot guarantee proper operation of third-party apps.
* Some third-party apps may not be installable or may appear differently depending on the country or region, or on the OS or system version.
* Third-party apps are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content or privacy policies.
* Some third-party offerings are paid apps. Please confirm that before installing new apps.
** Using the USB port while the engine is idling or stopped may drain the battery. Be aware of battery drain when using the USB port.
** Do not use when washing the motorcycle or when it is raining.
** Attach the cap when USB outlet is not in use.
Suzuki Genuine Accessories
Genuine accessories represent a fun and practical way to customize and personalize the GSX-S1000GX. Riders can freely choose from a rich lineup of items to achieve their desired look and level of enhanced touring comfort, utility and protection.
The Premium Seat available for the GX features a new double-layer cushion construction that helps maximize comfort while providing firm support and positive grip, a surface that stays approx. 14% cooler* in the sun, and premium finishing that includes red double-stitching and an embroidered GSX-S logo.
* The effectiveness varies depending on conditions.
Short Screen (Smoked Tint)
Side Case Set
Other featured accessories include the low seat, short screen (smoked tint), center stand and the custom-designed side case set**. With 26L of storage space and a load capacity of 5kg, each side case can accommodate a helmet. The set is available with trim in each of the three body color offerings.
** Please use this item in the speed less than 130km/h.
** Helmets of certain shapes may not fit in the side case.
** Helmets are shown for illustrative purpose only.
Note: SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION reserves the right to change the design or discontinue any Suzuki Genuine Accessory at any time without notice. Some Suzuki Genuine Accessories might not be compatible with local standards or statutory requirements. Please check with your local AUTHORIZED SUZUKI DEALER for details at the time of ordering.