The visceral appeal of cutting-edge sportbike styling immediately catches the eye. The sophisticated balance of power, handling, comfort and faithful response puts the rider in full control. It's a fine fusion of elements that heralds a new world of riding pleasure, whether commuting in town, heading out for an exhilarating run, or testing your skills on the racetrack. The GSX-8R is destined to lead the pack toward an exciting new era of sportbike riding.
- Slim, compact and powerful, Suzuki's 776cm3 parallel twin engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power and free-revving performance. Its 270-degree crankshaft configuration provides power delivery characteristics and a pleasing sound similar to that of the model's V-twin brethren.
- The Suzuki Cross Balancer is a patented biaxial primary balancer that contributes to smooth and nimble operation as well as a compact, lightweight engine design.
- The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) provides advanced electronic rider assist systems including Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), the Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS), Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System, Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Suzuki Easy Start System and Low RPM Assist.
- The full fairing design pays due respect to the over 35-year heritage of the iconic GSX-R series, even while working to create a fresh new face that symbolizes the future of Suzuki sportbike design.
- The vertically stacked pair of hexagonal LED headlights topped by an LED position light helps create a slim, compact face with a futuristic appeal that symbolizes Suzuki design.
- A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel features clearly legible information displays that cover all the bike's systems and supply vital real-time status information.
- Forged aluminum separate handlebars and an aerodynamically proven windscreen contribute to positive control and sportier riding potential, while also enhancing the aggressive appeal of the GSX-8R's styling.
- Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) SFF-BP* inverted front forks, paired with a Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) link-type mono-shock rear suspension with preload adjuster, deliver a smooth, controllable ride while contributing agility and straight-line stability suitable.
- The aerodynamic designed windscreen helps reduce fatigue on long rides.
*SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) is a registered trademark of Hitachi Astemo, Ltd.
- Suzuki's parallel twin 776cm3 DOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and the pleasant feeling of free-revving performance through to the high end. It provides plenty of torque and power, but is also easy to control, whether touring, enjoying a brisk solo run, competing on the racetrack, or tackling errands around town.
- It is designed as a slim, compact powerplant that helps realize the most effective weight distribution and chassis geometry, as well as the optimum riding position.
- The engine features a 270-degree crankshaft layout with a firing order that produces rich torque and positive traction, as well as a pleasing rumble and engine note similar to that of a V-twin engine.
- The Suzuki Cross Balancer*, a patented biaxial primary balancer, suppresses vibration and contributes to smooth operation by positioning its two balancers equidistant at 90° to the crankshaft. It also helps achieve a lightweight powerplant that is more compact from front to rear.
- Long-reach iridium spark plugs makes it easier to secure a cooling channel around the plug, leading to improved cooling performance, while their thin profile contributes to optimizing the combustion chamber layout. The strong spark characteristics of iridium plugs also aids combustion efficiency and contributes to greater fuel economy.
- Cooling system inlet control contributes to early stabilization of water temperature and helps eliminate rough idle during engine warm-up. This also helps stabilize combustion and contributes to cleaner exhaust gas.
- A pair of linked 42mm bore electronic-controlled throttle bodies help achieve faithful response and a linear feeling to throttle action.
- The 2-into-1 exhaust system is designed to produce a pleasing note that befits the parallel twin engine, and its distinctive short muffler design contributes greatly to realizing a mass-forward image. A two-stage catalytic converter inside the collector helps satisfy Euro 5 emissions standards.
- The six-speed transmission adopts gear ratios that deliver smooth shifting and exciting acceleration, whether shifting normally or using the standard-equipment Bi-directional Quick Shift System to shift without clutch operation.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) helps reduce fatigue on long rides and contributes to smoother shifting.
* Patent granted for biaxial primary balancer that positions its two balancers at 90°to the crankshaft.
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System(S.I.R.S.) Features
- The advanced electronic systems of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) featured on the GSX-8R assist and help you optimize performance characteristics to match your changing riding needs and preferences. By making the GSX-8R feel more controllable, predictable and less tiring to operate, these systems help you ride with greater peace of mind.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) lets you freely choose among three different power output characteristic modes to best match varying riding conditions or your preferences. While all three ultimately deliver maximum engine output, finer control over response and torque characteristics as you open the throttle to accelerate empowers you to ride with greater confidence and pleasure.
Mode A (Active)
Delivers the sharpest throttle response as you open the throttle. Torque characteristics are finely tuned to deliver exciting acceleration as the throttle is opened.
Mode B (Basic)
Features softer throttle response and a more linear power delivery curve as you open the throttle. Settings are tuned to help make the bike more controllable and a good fit for everyday riding.
Mode C (Comfort)
Offers yet softer throttle response and more gentle torque characteristics. This mode is useful when riding on wet or slippery surfaces.
- The Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS)* is designed to help prevent the rear wheel slip, thereby reducing stress and fatigue while instilling greater conﬁdence in controlling your ride. You can select from 3 modes to control how quickly the system takes effect and how proactive it is in limiting wheel spin, or you can opt to run with it turned off.
- Suzuki's Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System realizes linear feedback to throttle grip action that responds faithfully to your every intention and makes the GSX-8R feel more controllable.
- The Bi-directional Quick Shift System lets you shift up or down while in motion without operating the clutch lever. When activated, this standard-equipment system delivers clean upshifts with smooth acceleration, as well as quick and easy downshifts. The gear shift linkage system load rate is optimized to provide a solid, satisfying click with each shift that assures you the gearbox has responded immediately to your action.
- Suzuki Easy Start System lets you start the engine with just one quick press of a button. As a function used on every outing, it makes your riding experience all the more pleasurable and convenient.
- By helping prevent engine speed from dropping excessively when you pull away from a standing start or ride at low speeds, Low RPM Assist delivers smoother starts and inspires greater confidence when you are riding in stop-and-go traffic, or doing U-turns.
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)** contributes to stable braking by helping prevent the wheels from locking up, even under hard braking. The system is programmed to monitor wheel speed and match stopping power to the available traction. The ABS control unit features a compact, lightweight design that contributes to making the bike nimbler.
* The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
** ABS is s not designed to shorten the braking distance. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- The chassis was engineered to be slim, compact, lightweight, highly agile and ideally suited to supporting the high-performance parallel twin engine. For true riding pleasure, every performance aspect reflects a strong focus on great handling and control, and on minimizing fatigue.
- The highly rigid steel frame helps realize excellent straight-line stability and nimble handling, while also featuring the right amount of flex to maximize comfort when passing over cobblestones or other bumps in the road.
- Every detail of its advanced styling, from the sharp, clean design of the front face and fairing to the slim profile of its rear section, the GSX-8R's mass-forward aggressive stance and well-balanced proportions instantly convey performance potential.
- The GSX-8R adopts highly rigid forged aluminum separate handlebars. The lower, more forward placement of the separate handlebars help the rider lean over the bars in a sporty riding position that makes aggressive runs all the more enjoyable.
- The windscreen was developed through extensive wind tunnel testing to help reduce fatigue on long rides by cutting wind noise and preventing buffeting.
- Dual four-piston radial-mount front brake calipers mated with 310mm outer diameter dual discs provide sure stopping power and controllable braking performance. The rear brake has a 240mm outer diameter disc and uses a single-piston pin-slide caliper.
- Cast aluminum wheels with a unique lightweight design contribute to nimble handling and sporty performance, while also enhancing the sporty looks of the GSX-8R.
- Dunlop RoadSport 2 radial tires benefit from an internal construction matched to the characteristics of the GSX-8R. Their proven tread pattern employs a silica compound that enhances grip in wet conditions and features durable wear resistance.
- Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) SFF-BP* inverted front forks deliver a smooth, controllable ride and feature a spring rate that is optimized for both solid cornering performance as well as straight-line stability. Their stable damping characteristics make them suitable for a wide range of purposes, from more aggressive sport riding to touring use. The mono-shock link-type rear suspension with adjustable spring preload further contributes to agility and stability.
- The aluminum swingarm employs a unique shape engineered to perform optimally under all street riding conditions and provide sure handling stability. Its lightweight aluminum construction enhances trackability and improves rear suspension response while at the same time contributing to a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- The 14L fuel tank is designed to deliver the right balance between riding range and slim, compact looks that heighten the appeal of the GSX-8R's sportbike styling.
- The rider's seat is designed for comfortable sport riding. Delivering solid support toward its rear edge, the seat is shaped to offer freedom of movement and is covered in a skin that provides positive grip.
- The fairing-mounted mirrors are designed and tested to enhance aerodynamic performance and wind protection. Their sharp design adds sophisticated flair to the GSX-8R's modern expression of sporty styling.
* SFF-BP is a registered trademark of Hitachi Astemo, Ltd.
- A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel provides clearly legible high-quality information displays to keep you fully aware of all the bike's systems and supply vital real-time operating status information. Manual or automatic settings for switching between the day (white) and night (black) display modes let you maximize visibility at any hour and in any riding situation.
- The vertically stacked pair of hexagonal LED headlights topped by an LED position light helps create a slim, compact face with a futuristic appeal that symbolizes Suzuki design. Mounted to the frame via the fairing, the headlight assembly contributes to the GSX-8R's agility and neutral steering feel.
- The LED rear combination light mounted on the slim rear fender contributes to a sporty design that makes the GSX-8R look even shorter, slimmer and lighter in the rear.
- The ergonomic layout of handlebar switches maximizes operating ease and efficiency so you can access all controls while focusing on the road ahead. Select modes and make settings and adjustments for each S.I.R.S. control system by simply operating the MODE and UP/DOWN switches on the left handlebar.
Suzuki Genuine Accessories
Genuine Suzuki Accessories represent a fun and practical way to customize and personalize your GSX-8R while enhancing comfort, utility, and protection.
Touring Screen (Smoked Tint)
The screen is smoked to provide a stylish appearance to the motorcycle. It will extend approximately 27mm higher than the standard equipped screen.
Machined from high-end billet aluminum, decorated with SUZUKI logo and Suzuki "" logo. These black anodized levers provide a more sporty look to the motorcycle. There are two different colors (blue and red) for the lever adjuster that comes along with this item. You can choose which color to use at your preference.
Single Seat Cowl
Change the appearance of your motorcycle with this Single Seat Cowl.
A stylish two-tone seat with embossed GSX logo to give the motorcycle a classy look.
Fuel Tank Pad
Fuel Tank Pad with GSX logo to protect the fuel tank from scratches.
Soft Side Case Set
Attach these side cases for extra loading capacity and a classy-look to the motorcycle. The volume is expandable from 15L up to 20L per case, also designed with SUZUKI logo. Set of right and left side. Side Case Bracket Set (p/n 93700-25890-000)is required for installation.
Note) Maximum load per case: 3kg Max speed 130km/h (Please use this item in the speed of less than 130km/h.)
There is a connecting bar that pierces through the motorcycle to connect the sliders on each side, which contributes to the sturdy structure. Helps to reduce the impact on the engine and frame while also mitigating damage. Designed with SUZUKI logo. Set of right and left side.
Note: SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION reserves the right to change the design or discontinue any Suzuki Genuine Accessory at any time without notice. Some Suzuki Genuine Accessories might not be compatible with local standards or statutory requirements. Please check with your local AUTHORIZED SUZUKI DEALER for details at the time of ordering.