The RM85/L continues to carry on the powerful tradition of racing excellence in the Suzuki motocross family.
The reliable 2-stroke engine produces smooth power at any rpm with an emphasis on low- to mid-range performance.
- Liquid-cooled, 84.7cm³, 2-stroke, single-cylinder engine produces smooth power at any RPM.
- 6-speed transmission with precise shifting and clutch action lets riders blast out of any corner.
- Includes the ability to earn Suzuki contingency and track-side support.
- The high-revving, 84.7cm³ liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve, single-cylinder engine has a bore and stroke of 48.0mm x 46.8mm.
- The cylinder features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating for durability, low weight, and effective heat transfer that deliver superior class performance.
- The exhaust valves are made of aluminum to best match the expansion rate of the cylinder, improving sealing for better engine performance.
- The exhaust valve governor and actuator help provide good throttle response and overall tractability.
- Precise KEIHIN PE28 carburetor provides smooth throttle response and is designed for simplified maintenance and tuning.
- Digital CDI mapping helps create strong engine performance at high rpm.
- The large-capacity radiator provides efficient engine cooling at all engine speeds.
- The RM85/L is equipped with a smooth-shifting 6-speed transmission and a precise rack-and-pinion activated clutch.
- The long clutch lever makes it easy to accurately locate and work the engagement point during starts and when driving out of corners.
- The durable transmission features a refined shift mechanism with a strong detent spring and needle bearing on the left side of the shift drum.
- A knurled shift-pedal tip delivers excellent grip and shift feel for precise gear selection.
- A tubular steel frame with aluminum beam swingarm provides class-leading performance on the track, especially in the corners. Designed for rigidity, durability and straight-line performance, the frame features large diameter tubing in key areas and a large front reinforcement plate.
- The SHOWA 37mm inverted-style front forks are completely adjustable for rider weight, style, and ability. The forks feature a cartridge system with fully adjustable rebound damping and 20-way adjustable compression damping (also included are guards to protect the inner fork tubes). The fork legs have 275mm of travel.
- The SHOWA large diameter rear shock absorber is valved to produce a plush feel and is resistant to bottoming. The shock provides 277mm of wheel travel and features adjustable compression and rebound damping force adjustment.
- A twin-piston caliper front brake with 220mm large-diameter disc and rear brake with 200mm disc provide excellent braking performance.
- The light, narrow-diameter front and rear brake hoses improve feel and feedback to the rider. The front hose is routed behind the fork leg, eliminating the need for a brake hose cover.
- A rigid rear brake caliper provides reliable braking performance and long pad life, and is easy to maintain. The caliper's plastic guard reduces the possibility of damage and saves weight.
- The forged aluminum alloy rear brake pedal is light and strong, while providing the rider accurate braking feel.
- High-quality footpegs are made of cast chrome-molybdenum steel, instead of stamped steel, which makes them more durable with better grip.
- Champion Yellow No.2 bodywork with RM-Z style graphics design plus black fork protectors and guards provide a professional race look.
- Each side of the new color seat has a textured surface for better knee gripping.
- The RM85 sports a 17-inch front (70/100-17 40M, tube type) and 14-inch rear (90/100-14 49M, tube type) tire, while the RM85L has a 19-inch front (70/100-19 42M, tube type) and 16-inch rear (90/100-16 52M, tube type) tire.
*Click the icons
2-stroke, 1-cylinder, liquid-cooled
84.7 cm3 (5.2 cu. in)
Bore x Stroke
48.0 mm x 46.8 mm (1.9 in x 1.8 in)
6-speed constant mesh
1,805 mm (71.1 in)
1,895 mm (74.6 in)
735 mm (28.9 in)
1,100 mm (43.3 in)
1,165 mm (45.9 in)
1,240 mm (48.8 in)
1,280 mm (50.4 in)