GT Riding Pleasure Personified
The GSX-S1000GT intelligently combines the championship performance of its GSX-R1000-based engine with a nimble, lightweight chassis to provide riders with an exciting and comfortable GT riding experience.
Here is a Grand Tourer with sportbike level functionality, avantgarde styling and an extensive selection of optional equipment features.
- The GSX-S1000GT fulfills the transformation in what performance-minded touring enthusiasts desire. Whether heading out on a long trip with a passenger on board, or enjoying a sporty solo romp up a twisty ribbon of asphalt, the GSX-S1000GT's performance is a revelation, its appearance breathtaking, and the new Suzuki mySPIN connectivity application integrated into the full-color TFT instrument panel provides easy access to contacts, maps, music, calendar and phone communication.
- Using long-stroke, GSX-R engine architecture, the Euro 5 compliant 999cm³ four-stroke, liquid-cooled DOHC in-line four engine delivers smooth, consistent power throughout its wide power band. This enhances the riding experience both at the low- to mid-range engine speeds commonly used in daily riding, and through the mid- to high-range used when travelling long distances on the highway.
- Refined and controlled performance is managed by Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) technology, including electronic cruise control, traction control* and clutchless quick shifting, so passing slower traffic is an opportunity, never a challenge.
- The twin-spar aluminum frame and superbike-braced swingarm help deliver agile handling and great road-holding ability that will go the distance. Visually stunning, the new trellis-style sub-frame design creates secure attachment points for the optional, high capacity 36L side cases, while allowing for a thick, more comfortable passenger seat.
- The dual, ABS-equipped**, radial-mounted, four-piston, Brembo front brake calipers and 310mm floating rotors provide the controlled stopping performance needed to travel two-up with confidence.
- The new cast-aluminum handlebar is wider than the prior GSX-S1000F's bars, and is shaped and positioned for a comfortable reach, delivering the proper leverage to guide the GSX-S1000GT on any road. The handlebar's special rubber mount damps vibration to the rider's hands, while all the footrests have durable rubber inserts to damp vibration to the rider's and passenger's boots.
- The GSX-S1000GT puts a new face on sport touring performance and comfort. The striking and original face of the GT begins with a raked nose, while a pair of horizontally arranged LED headlights, V-shaped position light, new mirror design, and side-mounted LED turn signals fashion a unique Grand Touring appearance that is distinctively Suzuki.
- Its Euro 5 compliant 999cm³ engine produces greater peak power, with strong torque in the low- to mid-range that's smoothly controlled by Suzuki's Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System for an extraordinary Grand Touring experience.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) provides you with a choice of three different engine power output modes (A, B, and C). All three deliver maximum engine output, but provide different throttle response and torque characteristics when accelerating.
• Mode A (Active) is for active, sporty use that delivers the sharpest throttle response as you open the throttle. Mode A's torque characteristics are suitable for riders in track-day events or enjoying a sporty run on clean, winding roads, in good weather.
• Mode B (Basic) is for general, all-around riding, featuring softer throttle response and a more linear power delivery curve as you open the throttle that is well suited for touring and leisure riding.
• Mode C (Comfort) offers a softer throttle response and gentler torque characteristics, with power increasing in a directly linear fashion as the throttle is opened. This mode is useful when riding on wet or slippery surfaces, or when you desire a relaxing, comfortable ride home after a long outing.
- The 5-mode Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) continuously monitors front and rear wheel speed, engine RPM, throttle position and gear position to adjust engine output to prevent undesired rear wheel spin, while helping maintain traction and power delivery to the road.
- The advanced Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System leverages the capability of the 32-bit ECM and CAN-style wire harness to precisely control engine output relative to throttle action.
• This precision allows throttle body action to be tuned to best match each of the SDMS modes. The result is controllable, linear power delivery that responds faithfully to your intentions, whether commuting or enjoying a sporty ride on a winding road.
• Electronic control of the throttle valves helps produce smooth shifting when using the Bi-directional Quick Shift System and enables the Cruise Control to deliver precise speed control when engaged.
- To ensure smooth upshifts, the Bi-directional Quick Shift System automatically interrupts power delivery just long enough to produce smooth, almost uninterrupted acceleration. When decelerating, it automatically opens the throttle valves just enough to increase rpm and match engine speed to the next-lower gear. The result of this hands-free, automatic blipping function combines seamlessly with engine braking to create a highly satisfying experience when downshifting.
• The Bi-directional Quick Shift System works seamlessly in concert with SDMS to bring you even greater riding enjoyment.
• Performance of the SACS assist & slipper clutch ensures even smoother up- and down-shifts when using the quick shift system or manual clutch operation.
- The GSX-S1000GT's Cruise Control System enables you to maintain a set speed without operating the throttle. This helps reduce fatigue when touring long distances, particularly when travelling at constant speed on highways.
• Cruise control can be set at speeds between 30 km/h to 180 km/h when riding in 2nd gear or higher.
• Once engaged, the cruising speed can be easily adjusted upward or downward using the (UP or DOWN) select switch on the left handlebar.
- By helping maintain engine idle speed for smoother and easier starts, Low RPM Assist enables you operate and control the bike more easily in stop-and-go traffic.
- With the Suzuki Easy Start System, one quick press of a button lets you start the engine without pulling in the clutch lever. As a function used on every outing, Easy Start makes your riding experience all the more pleasurable and convenient.
- The GSX-S1000GT's long-stroke engine produces a broad, smooth torque curve through the full rev-range and features increased peak horsepower.
- The camshaft profiles decrease lift and valve overlap to improve emissions and balance the engine's performance and drivability to enhance rider control.
- Suzuki's legendary Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber (TSCC) design is machined into the cylinder head that, along with the flat-top pistons, achieves an optimal 12.2:1 compression ratio, helping to deliver a broad spread of power throughout the entire rev range.
- Aluminum pistons, engineered with use of Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis, are cast for optimal rigidity and weight.
• Ventilation holes between the cylinders reduce pumping loss within the crankcase so the engine can deliver more power and torque.
- Electronic throttle bodies contribute to smooth and more controlled response, especially when you are applying the throttle to accelerate out of a corner.
• These Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies provide precise control for the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS), and Bi-directional Quick Shift System.
- The air cleaner adopts an internal structure that contributes to engine performance while maintaining the exciting intake sound.
- The GSX-S1000GT's stainless steel, 4-2-1 exhaust system is completely redesigned and tuned while retaining the under-chassis design, sharp looks, and exciting note of the GSX-S1000F's system.
• Behind the header pipes, the redesigned mid-chamber contains a second catalytic converter to help ensure emissions compliance, a low center-of-gravity, and good exhaust flow to help the engine deliver strong low- to mid-range punch, with an exciting rush to redline.
- The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve manages flow from the mid-chamber into the sculpted muffler, with its pleasing appearance uncommon to under-chassis exhausts and its exciting, distinctive sound that won't overpower your senses or those of your passenger.
- The digital ignition fires iridium-type spark plugs which increase spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
- The lower cowl and radiator-shroud efficiently guide cooling air to the high-capacity curved radiator. A thermostatically controlled cooling fan helps ensure lower coolant temperatures when riding in slow-moving traffic. The design also deflects hot air away from the rider at speed.
- Connected to the swingarm, which comes straight from the GSX-R1000, is a link-type rear suspension, with a single shock absorber that features seven-way adjustable spring preload and rebound-damping force adjustment.
- The 43mm inverted KYB forks offer a generous 120mm of front wheel travel and adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping.
- Dunlop's SPORTMAX Roadsport 2 radial tires (120/70ZR17 front and 190/50ZR17 rear) are custom-engineered to perform optimally on the GSX-S1000GT and provide great grip in dry or wet conditions, faster warm-up, and long tread life.
- Dual front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs and Brembo radial mount monobloc calipers, with four 32mm opposed pistons, provide strong and consistent stopping power when riding solo or two-up.
- In contrast to the GSX-S1000F, the GSX-S1000GT features a more upright riding position for even greater comfort and control. This practical sport touring riding position is the result of a carefully crafted relationship between the handlebar, footrests, and seat.
- The matte black tapered aluminum handlebars contribute to the excellent riding ergonomics and performance-oriented style.
• Securely clamped in a floating mount, the handlebars effectively damp vibration to the rider's hands.
• The handlebars are 23 mm wider than on the GSXS-S1000F and are rotated slightly upward to raise the grip height.
- The aluminum footpegs for both the rider and passenger are covered with vibration-absorbing rubber. This reduces the amount of vibration transmitted to the feet, which improves comfort, especially on long rides.
• Both pairs of footpegs are positioned lower reducing bend at the rider's and passenger's knees and ankles, further improving comfort.
• The rear footrest location provides ample clearance for the passenger's legs when the optional side cases are installed.
- The rider and pillion seats feature a sporty design that maximizes comfort on long rides. Both have a weather-resistant cover material that balances grip with freedom of movement.
- The pillion seat is set 60 mm higher than the rider's seat to provide a good view over the rider's shoulder.
• Rider's seat height: 810 cm; approximate pillion seat height 870 cm.
- The black finish on the shifter, rear brake, and both hand levers matches the performance nature of the motorcycle.
• The front brake lever features a multi-step adjuster that permits quick adjustment of the lever's distance from the grip.
- The shape of the upper and lower fairing effectively moves the wind flow away from the rider, reducing direct pressure to the helmet, shoulders, and knees.
- Wind-tunnel testing and test-rider feedback yielded a special lower-fork bracket cover that extends up into the fairing to deflect air flow that would otherwise whirl up around the instrument panel.
- Developed to maximize wind protection for both the rider and passenger, the windscreen contributes greatly to the GSX-S1000GT's aerodynamic effectiveness and further enhances the Grand Touring experience. Folded edges along the sides enhance comfort by reducing air flow that would otherwise press against your shoulders.
- An optional, taller Touring Windscreen is available (70 mm taller than the standard screen). This screen arches upward, further reducing air flow to the rider and passenger, while also providing optimized optical quality.
- Aerodynamic performance and wind protection influenced the design of the fairing-mounted mirrors and mirror stalks. Head and stalks were shaped to streamline the flow of air across the mirrors, reducing the amount of wind that reaches your knuckles.
- The GT's optional, large capacity side cases feature a compact design that integrates seamlessly with the motorcycle's styling. Designed to clip on and off in seconds, these 36L cases with a 5kg weight capacity can hold most full-face helmets. Painted lid panels are also available, which coordinate beautifully with the GSX-S1000GT body colors.
- A generous 19L fuel tank capacity reduces the frequency of gas stops while touring or commuting.
- The uniquely styled "GT" logos on the fairing sides lend an intelligent and sophisticated look that befits a grand tourer. Understated SUZUKI logos on the fuel tank further contribute to the sophisticated appearance.
- The custom-designed ignition key sports the GT logo in gold lettering on its grip to add a luxurious touch.
- The compact, dual LED headlight assembly complements the GSX-S1000GT's aerodynamic styling, and its independent high- and low-beams feature mono-focus LED technology, which brightly illuminates the road ahead. A wide, V-shaped LED position light positioned above makes the GSX-S1000GT clearly visible to others and creates an illuminated face unlike that on any other motorcycle.
- Suzuki's innovative multifunction handlebar switches are laid out to maximize operating ease and efficiency.
- The 32-bit ECM provides precise engine management that contributes to the operation and optimization of the electrical and S.I.R.S. components. The ECM and all other electronics on the GSX-S1000GT were rigorously tested in an anechoic chamber to help ensure they are not susceptible to magnetic interference from external sources.
- The GSX-S1000GT's instrument panel uses a new-generation 6.5-inch, full-color TFT LCD screen. Developed specifically for use on motorcycles, this TFT display is the first of its kind on a Suzuki motorcycle.
- This high-quality instrument panel is set into the inner fairing above the handlebars, for good visibility and protection from road debris. The panel itself features a scratch-resistant surface, and an anti-reflective coating that improves visibility in bright light.
• The display can be set for manual or automatic switching between Day Mode (white background) and Night Mode (black background). The display's general brightness can be set to automatically adjust to the ambient light-level, or manually set to suit your preference.
• The display uses exclusive graphics, including blue background lines that add an extra artistic touch to help convey Suzuki spirit and brand identity.
• An additional feature of the TFT LCD display is a brief custom animation that plays when the ignition key is switched on. This playful presentation is pleasing to the eye and builds excitement for the ride to come.
- The display format provides operational information in an easily recognizable way:
• Status icons are displayed in the upper right portion of the TFT LCD panel for the clock, smartphone battery level, and wireless connection status for smartphones and other Bluetooth devices. This includes independent status icons for two sets of wireless headsets.
- The brightness adjustable TFT LCD display delivers a wide range of useful information, keeping you fully aware of all the bike's systems, settings and real-time operating status. When connected to your smartphone, it can also display maps, incoming and outgoing phone calls, contacts, music and calendar for even greater convenience, functionality and fun.
- Two alternative screen views allow you to choose and adjust the settings on certain motorcycle and mySPIN features.
• The MENU screen can access mySPIN connection options, trip information, service reminders and general options.
• The SETTING screen permits adjustments to the panel brightness, backlighting mode, SAE or metric measurement, date, and time adjustments, and more.
- The TFT LCD readouts include:
• Speedometer (digital), RPM indicator (shift light), Tachometer (analog format), Transmission gear position, Fuel gauge, Coolant temperature, Ambient air temperature, Cruise control setting, SDMS mode, Traction control mode, Quick Shift (ON/OFF), Voltmeter, Clock (12-hour format), Odometer, Dual trip meter, Average fuel consumption (Trip 1 & 2), Instant fuel consumption, Riding range (per fuel onboard), Smartphone battery level, Smartphone connection status, and Rider-passenger intercommunication status (Bluetooth®).
- The main TFT LCD panel is flanked by LED indicators, including:
• Left turn signal indicator, MIL (Malfunction Indication Lamp), neutral indicator light, master warning indicator, high-beam indicator light, right turn signal indicator, TC (Traction Control) indicator, low oil pressure warning light, ABS indicator, and coolant temperature warning light.
- Connect an iOS or Android™ smartphone to the TFT LCD panel via Wireless LAN and Bluetooth®. A USB outlet located on the left side of the instrument panel housing also lets you charge your smartphone's battery.
- Suzuki mySPIN Connectivity Features
- Available through the Apple App Store or Google Play, riders can install the free SUZUKI mySPIN app on their smartphone. Once installed, mySPIN provides an array of useful functions from five bundled applications specifically developed for motorcycle use.
- The mySPIN applications appear on the TFT LCD panel with similar fonts and display format to the motorcycle's systems, providing you with a familiar appearance and intuitive operation of the updated left handlebar switch assembly. This familiarity will help when accessing features and content, or to change settings while riding.
- The mySPIN system applications include Contacts, Phone, Maps, Music and Calendar
• Contacts – the system can access the contacts app on your smartphone and inform you who is calling. Calls can also be placed by selecting a contact from the list.
• Phone – conveniently, the system can place phone calls, either dialed directly or from the contacts app, and can display your call history, all without stopping the bike.
• Maps – you can view your current location on the map without having to download any third-party map app or data. The Suzuki Map can search for destinations and get routing information, all while allowing you to easily navigate from screen to screen by using the switches on the left handlebar.
• Music – you can use a Bluetooth® headset to listen to music from your smartphone's music library. The passenger can listen along, provided they are wearing a Bluetooth® headset connected wirelessly to the system.
• Calendar – you can display calendar entries from your smartphone on the TFT LCD screen and check scheduled events and reminders.
- In the future, mySPIN will expand the menu of third-party applications that can add additional functions to the TFT LCD, such as navigation, weather information and more.
- Suzuki mySPIN related disclaimers
• Headsets sold separately.
• Smartphone screen images in Suzuki-authored documents were prepared using iOS 13.5, so they may differ visually when using a different OS or system version.
• App operation was confirmed under specific conditions. Depending on the OS and system version, some apps may not operate properly or functions may be limited to ensure safe operation.
• Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
• IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
• Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
• Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
• The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by BOSCH is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
• Third-party apps are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content or privacy policies.
• Suzuki cannot guarantee proper operation of third-party apps.
• Some third-party offerings are paid apps. Please confirm that before installing new apps.
• Some third-party apps may not be installable or may appear differently depending on the country or region, or on the OS or system version.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available, with nearly three dozen designed for the GSX-S1000GT.
- The accessory offerings include a set of quick-release, 36L side cases that accept color matched lid panels, a taller touring screen, heated hand grips, billet clutch and brake levers, fuel tank and engine cover protectors, stylish rider seat, plus a unique selection of GT logo apparel.
* The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control, and traction control cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns, or while braking, and it does not control front wheel traction.
** ABS is not designed to shorten the braking distance. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
*Click the icons
|Overall Length||2,140 mm (84.3 in.)|
|Overall width||825 mm (32.5 in.)|
|Overall height||1,215 mm (47.5 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,460 mm (57.5 in.)|
|Ground clearance||140 mm (5.5 in.)|
|Seat height||810 mm (31.9 in.)|
|Curb weight||226 kg (498 lbs.)|
|Engine type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Bore x stroke||73.4 mm x 59.0 mm (2.9 in. x 2.3 in.)|
|Engine displacement||999 cm³ (61.0 cu. in.)|
|Bore x stroke||73.4 mm x 59.0 mm (2.9 in. x 2.3 in.)|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection|
|Lubrication system||Wet sump|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Front suspension||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rear suspension||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rake / trail||25° / 100 mm (3.9 in.)|
|Front brakes||Disc, twin|
|Front tire size||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Rear tire size||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Ignition system||Electronic ignition (transistorized)|
|Fuel tank capacity||19.0 L (5.0 / 4.2 US/lmp gal)|
|Oil capacity(overhaul)||3.4 L (3.6 / 3.0 US/lmp qt)|