22 September, 2021
Suzuki Unveils New Sport Tourer GSX-S1000GT
Suzuki Motor Corporation has launched its new sport tourer with a brand-new concept, the GSX-S1000GT, fully remodelled from the GSX-S1000F. Starting in October 2021, the model will be marketed worldwide.
The new GSX-S1000GT is a sport tourer with reinforced features and functions for sport touring, inheriting the DNA of supersport bikes. The new model has been engineered for both ease of everyday usage, and comfortability and high-speed stability during long touring. The newly adopted S.I.R.S. electronic controls and Suzuki’s first 6.5-inch full-color TFT LCD screen instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity, are highlighted features for the concept. The styling design reflects an outstanding and bold appearance of a typical sport tourer, while featuring sharp, flowing lines that convey its agile sportiness.
The 999cm3 four-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve inline-four engine, delivering abundant power throughout its operating range, has smooth torque characteristics that work linearly from low speeds to top end, providing an exciting acceleration feeling. The engine is mounted on a lightweight yet highly rigid frame, which makes the GSX-S1000GT easier to use in everyday riding, while increasing stability on winding roads and highways.
To reduce fatigue in long-distance touring, the model adopts floating handlebars, rubber-covered footrests, and custom grab bars, which minimize the vibrations transmitted from the bike to the rider and passenger. Furthermore, the handlebars have been widened and the grips have been made closer to the rider, realizing an upright riding position more suitable for touring. The aerodynamic windscreens and custom designed seats also contribute to rider’s comfortability.
In addition, a wide variety of genuine accessories, including those developed uniquely for the new GSX-S1000GT, are available for customization in adding more comfort and convenience.
<Equipment and Features of the New GSX-S1000GT>
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.)
- The model features various fine-tuned electronic functions such as the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) with a selection among three different modes for various engine output characteristics, the updated Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS), now with a wider selection of 5-mode settings, and the Bi-directional Quick Shift System, which allows up or down shifting without clutch lever operation.
- The newly adopted Cruise Control system, which maintains a set speed without throttle operation, increases comfortability on highways, etc.
- The GSX-S1000GT is the first Suzuki motorcycle that adopts a 6.5-inch full-color TFT LCD screen instrument cluster. By switching settings for the Day (white) and Night (black) display modes, it maximizes visibility at any hour and in any riding situation.
- By connecting smartphones with the “SUZUKI mySPIN” app installed, the rider can access contents such as maps, play music*1, make phone calls*1, etc. The app is compatible with both iOS*2 and AndroidTM*3 smartphones.
Styling and Design
- The new GSX-S1000GT has sharp, flowing lines which conveys its agile sportiness and aerodynamic form. It also visualizes, through its refined design, the intelligence functions of the bike, such as its electronic controls and smartphone connectivity.
- To reduce vibration transmitted to the passenger, the grab bars, passenger steps, and the shapes and cushion thickness of the passenger seat have been carefully designed for passenger comfort.
- For better touring comfortability and convenience, taller wind screen for better wind protection, large-capacity side cases that can fit a full-face helmet*4, grip heaters, etc. are available.
- Cosmetic accessories, such as stylish seats, carbon covers, decals, etc., are also available for more personal customization.
- *1 For playing music or making phone calls, a wireless headset is required. Headsets sold separately.
- *2 iOS is the OS name of Apple Inc. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- *3 Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
- *4 Some helmets will not fit according to size or shape.
<New GSX-S1000GT Specifications (European Spec)>
||Four-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled DOHC
|Fuel Tank Capacity
Suzuki Motorcycle Global Salon
GSX-S1000GT Product Page