20 September 2016
Suzuki Unveils New Outboard Motors at the Genoa Boat Show
- DF175AP/DF150AP, the first models in their class to integrate
regular and counter rotations of propeller -
Suzuki Motor Corporation has unveiled new large outboard motors DF175AP and DF150AP at the Genoa Boat Show which is being held in Genoa, Italy from 20 September, 2016. DF175AP and DF150AP are the world’s first* outboard motors in the 150~175ps class to enable integration of regular and counter rotations of propeller.
*Based on Suzuki research as of September 2016.
DF175AP and DF150AP use Suzuki’s advanced total engine control technologies earned through its expertise in developing large four-stroke outboard motors. This enables them to deliver outstanding power and exciting performance together with superior fuel efficiency – all from super compact and lightweight unit of 2,867cc in-line four-cylinder DOHC engines.
<Features of DF175AP and DF150AP>
- - Suzuki Selective Rotation, the world’s first technology that enables switching of gearshift mode of regular rotation and direction of propeller rotation into counter rotation, is adopted for the first time in their class. Upon installing two or more outboards onto a boat, the outboard can be switched into a counter rotation model just by changing gearshift mode and installing counter rotation propeller.
- - Precise throttle controls with smoother, decisive shifting is realized by adopting Suzuki Precision Control, a technologically advanced computer based control system that replaces the mechanical control cables found in conventional control systems with electronic wiring that eliminates the source of friction and resistance. When combined with Suzuki’s Lean Burn Control System it realizes improvement in fuel economy over a wide operating range from low-speed to cruising.
- - High 10.2:1 compression ratio provides increase in maximum torque and generates impressive acceleration.
- - Semi-Direct Air Intake System suppresses increase in air temperature sent to the combustion chamber and increases combustion efficiency. O2 Sensor and Knock Sensor optimise combustion efficiency and further stabilises engine rpm.
(Below are features common to conventional DF150 and DF175.)
- - Installed with 2,867cc in-line four-cylinder DOHC engine.
- - Counter Balancer System and Thrust Mount System achieve super-smooth engine operation, and an air intake resonator ensures exceptionally quiet operation.
- - Suzuki’s pioneering offset drive shaft stabilises manoeuvrability and contributes greatly to the outboard’s overall compactness and reduction in vibration in high dimension.
DF175AP and DF150AP will be manufactured at Toyokawa Plant in Japan. Sales will start in Europe from October 2016, eventually followed by many other countries worldwide.
At the Genoa Boat Show, Suzuki also exhibits full line-up of outboards from DF2.5 to DF300AP.