25 April 2016
Suzuki at Auto China 2016
Suzuki Motor Corporation has made China premiere of two concept automobile models at the 14th Beijing International Automotive Exhibition*, the Ignis Trail Concept and the Ignis Water Activity Concept, which are both based on the mini crossover IGNIS. Suzuki also made China premiere of a motorcycle, the SV650 ABS.
The Suzuki booth is exhibiting nine units of automobiles, three units of motorcycles, and two units of outboard motors to appeal the Suzuki brand.
*Held in Beijing, China. Press days from 25 to 26 April. Public days from 27 April to 4 May.
Suzuki plans to introduce production model of the IGNIS in China in 2017. Plus, the SV650 ABS is scheduled to be launched in China from May 2016.
<Overview of the main exhibits>
Automobiles (concept models)
Ignis Trail Concept
- - Globally premiered at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2015.
- - For even greater compact crossover enjoyment, the Ignis Trail Concept expands upon the Ignis concept of urban and outdoor versatility by offering even greater rough road suitability with its rugged design.
Ignis Water Activity Concept
- - Globally premiered at the Tokyo Auto Salon in January 2016.
- - This compact crossover concept model is a perfect fit for grown-ups who actively enjoy adventure weekends.
Motorcycle (scheduled for production)
- - Globally premiered at the Milan Show held in Milan, Italy in November 2015.
- - New overseas model with lightweight and slim body, which is installed with 645cm3 V-twin engine that has enhanced output and fuel efficiency.
<Other exhibits (production models)>
- - Automobiles: Vitara, SX4 S-CROSS, Alivio, Swift Sport, Grand Vitara, and Jimny
- - Motorcycle: Hayabusa
- - Outboard motors: DF6A and DF200A