15 September 2015
Suzuki makes world premiere of BALENO compact hatchback
Suzuki Motor Corporation has made world premiere of a new compact hatchback Baleno at the 66th IAA Frankfurt Motor Show*1.
At the press conference held on 15 September, 2015, Toshihiro Suzuki, President, Suzuki Motor Corporation said, “The Baleno stands out in terms of styling and utility as well as in terms of both driving and environmental performance. It is a car that will go beyond—in all areas—what people have come to expect in a compact car.”
The new Baleno with its stylish design, spacious interior and Suzuki’s latest technologies, is the ideal compact hatchback. With its “Liquid Flow” design theme, compact body, spacious interior, and efficient powertrains—all on a new-generation platform- the Baleno offers style, utility, manoeuvrability, driving performance and fuel efficiency. It also offers comfort, including on long-distance journeys, with plenty of space for adults in both the front and rear, as well as generous luggage space.
Sales of the Baleno will start in Europe in the spring of 2016.
- - New-generation platform, with increased rigidity and reduced weight, enhances fuel efficiency, handling and stability, while still achieving high levels of safety and NVH performance.
- - A variation of three powertrains which offer excellent fuel economy: New 1.0 BOOSTERJET direct-injection turbo engine with high torque output; 1.2 DUALJET engine; and SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) with 1.2 DUALJET engine.
- - The “Liquid Flow” design theme—suggestive of an energetic mass of liquid in motion—permeates throughout, articulated by curving lines and expressive surfaces. Meanwhile, a low and wide silhouette helps underline a sporty yet elegant look.
- - Seating for five people features generous shoulder room in front, and generous legroom in the rear.
- - Spacious and flexible boot offers best-in-class*2 luggage space of 355L*3.
- - Innovative features on the inside include advanced multi-information colour display, adaptive cruise control with speed limiter, and a Smartphone Linkage Display Audio compatible with Apple CarPlay*4.
- - Radar Brake Support and other comprehensive safety features add to safety and peace of mind.
- - Overall length 3,995mm x Overall width 1,745mm x Overall height 1,470mm (1,460mm with SHVS)
- *1 At Messe Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main; press days 15-16 September, general-public days 17-27 September.
- *2 “B-segment hatchback” as defined by Suzuki (hatchback with overall length of 3,700mm-4,100mm)
- *3 Measured using the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) method.
- *4 iPhone and Apple CarPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Special Baleno website