21 October 2009
Suzuki launches all-new Kizashi sedan in Japan
Suzuki Motor Corporation is putting the all-new Kizashi sedan on sale in Japan on 21 October.
The Kizashi is Suzuki’s new flagship model. It offers bold, sporty styling; a refined cabin that’s the result of careful craftsmanship; equipment that reflects a focus on comfort; and exhilarating performance. Plus, it combines sporty handling with great ride comfort thanks to extensive testing and fine-tuning on roads in Europe and North America.
“Kizashi” is a Japanese word meaning “a sign of great things to come”. As the name of Suzuki’s new flagship model, it reflects the dynamic, forward-looking approach with which Suzuki takes up new automaking challenges.
Suzuki plans to launch the Kizashi in the United States after launching it in Japan.
Features of the Kizashi
Bold and sporty styling
- Contours that include taut shoulder lines running from the headlamps to the rear combination lamps express power befitting a car of the Kizashi’s class.
- The rear deck is contoured for both aerodynamics and aesthetics.
Refined interior design
- Features including an exquisitely designed centre console and satin-finish chrome-plated details convey both sportiness and craftsmanship in the cabin.
- The J24B 2.4-litre engine delivers maximum output of 138kW (188PS) and maximum torque of 230N•m (23.5kg•m). A variable intake system and dual mufflers contribute to superior intake and exhaust efficiency.
- Where four-wheel drive is specified, it’s delivered by an intelligent all-wheel drive (i-AWD) system that realizes smooth off-the-line acceleration and great cornering performance. Plus, a synergetic vehicle dynamics control system acts on the i-AWD system and electric power steering system to suppress body movements and keep the car stable. (Where two-wheel drive is specified, the synergetic vehicle dynamics control system acts only on the power-steering system.)
- Sound-absorbing and -insulating measures throughout the body promote quietness while allowing the body to be optimally light.
- High-capacity dual exhaust silencers suppress unpleasant low-frequency booming noise and realize a pleasant exhaust note.
Note: All information on features pertains to the Japan-specification Kizashi. Specifications may differ for individual markets.