(Below is a product release issued for the Japanese domestic market.)
26 February 2013
Suzuki launches the new mini passenger car Spacia
- Roomy and convenient, lightweight and fuel-efficient height-class mini wagon -
Suzuki Motor Corporation will launch the new height-class mini wagon Spacia from 15 March, 2013.
The Spacia is a mini passenger car developed with its concept “Roomy and convenient, lightweight and fuel-efficient height-class mini wagon”. The height-class mini wagon market is expanding, centered on female drivers for its convenient use as a family car.
The Spacia has a roomy cabin with the longest cabin length in its class*1. In addition, it has adopted a convenient packaging which the passenger can get in and out of the car easily, a feedback of Suzuki’s expertise in mini wagon. The wide open cabin space has adopted various user-friendly utilities, taking into account the drivability and user-friendliness of a female driver, who mainly drives the car in the family.
Also, it has achieved 90kg*2 weight reduction, which greatly contributes to fuel-efficiency and driving performance. Owing to the adoption of the Suzuki Green Technology, it has realized the most fuel-efficient mileage in its class*1 of 29.0km/L*3, as well as the nimble driving performance. All grades of the Spacia are duty free, owing to the eco-car tax reduction*4.
By combining roominess and fuel-efficiency, driving and safety performances, and user-friendliness of a minivehicle at a high level, the Spacia is a height-class mini wagon which will create new value to the minivehicle by offering unprecedented space of roominess and enjoyment.
The features of the Spacia
- - Realized the longest cabin length in its class*1 of 2,215mm, with the adoption of a new long wheelbase platform. Wide open cabin space with innovation to the exterior and interior.
- - Realized the lightest vehicle weight in its class*1 of 840kg (G 2WD), by reducing 90kg*2 of weight, which contributes to fuel-efficiency and nimble driving performance.
- - With the adoption of the Suzuki Green Technology, it has realized the most fuel-efficient mileage in its class*1 of 29.0km/L*3. All grades including turbo and 4WD are duty free, owing to the eco-car tax reduction*4.
- - Owing to the weight reduction, it has realized excellent acceleration and braking for superior driving and safety performances.
- - Adopted great visibility, user-friendly slide doors on both sides of the back seat, and low step to allow the passenger to get in and out of the car easily. Also adopted the one-action power slide door, which can open and close the door by pressing the switch (the first adoption on a minivehicle*5), and enhanced the user-friendliness and utilities such as easy seat arrangement and wide open, large luggage space.
Sales target (per month): 7,000 units
- *1 Based on Suzuki research in February 2013 on height-class two-box mini passenger cars with overall heights of 1,700mm or more.
- *2 Comparison of Spacia X 2WD and Palette IS selection 2WD.
- *3 Measured in JC08 cycle and verified by Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (G, X 2WD).
- *4 In Japan, reduction of Acquisition Tax would be valid until the registration by 31 March, 2015, and reduction of Tonnage Tax would be valid until the registration by 30 April, 2015 under the Tax Incentives to Promote the Wider Use of Eco-Friendly Vehicles (eco-car tax reduction).
- *5 Based on Suzuki research in February 2013.